2nd Oldest Marathon in the World
Yonkers, NY, August 19, 2010 — Mayor Phil Amicone is pleased to announce the Yonkers Marathon taking place on Sunday, September 19, 2010. Now in its 85th year, the Yonkers Marathon is the 2nd oldest Marathon in the world attracting hundreds of international participants annually.
The Yonkers Marathon and Half Marathon start and finish at the Yonkers Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Plaza, Yonkers, NY. Both races start at 8:00 a.m. SHARP!
For more information call (914) 377-6436, (914) 377-6450, email@example.com, or follow the link below.
The Yonkers Marathon follows a loop and double-loop course. Please note that South Broadway southbound will be coned-off and closed to traffic from Prospect Street to Valentine Lane, and one lane on Riverdale Avenue will be coned-off and closed to traffic northbound from Valentine Lane to Main Street.
· Start at River Street going south, street becomes Buena Vista Avenue
· Left onto Nepperhan Street, then left onto Warburton Avenue
· Warburton Avenue north to Main Street in Hastings
· Right (east) on Main Street to Broadway
· Right (south) on Broadway to Tompkins Avenue
· Left (east) on Tompkins Avenue to Nepperhan Avenue
· Right (south) on Nepperhan Avenue to the driveway at City Hall
· Make a right up the main driveway and
· Bear left to the main plaza, then cross over the foot bridge
· Make a right down the main driveway to South Broadway
· Left (south) on South Broadway to Valentine Lane
· Right (west) on Valentine Lane to Riverdale Avenue
· Right (north) on Riverdale Avenue to Main Street
· Left (west) on Main Street, then right onto Buena Vista Avenue
· Right onto Nepperhan Street, up to Warburton Avenue
*Half-Marathon runners turn right onto Nepperhan Street to finish.
*Full-Marathon runners continue in and around Larkin Plaza and REPEAT the course a second time.