YONKERS, NY – In a statement released Wednesday afternoon, small business woman and life long resident of Westchester Diane DiDonato Roth (R-37) poses the following questions in response to Bob Cohen and his TV spot suggesting that Mr. Cohen is: "One of us"
Cohen – He’s One of Us – Oh Really?
Bob, how many of us?:
- Would move out of our hometown we love so much just to run for political office within 6 months of moving?
- Are landlords whose fortunes have bought two (not one) million dollar mansions – One in Scarsdale and one in a gated community in New Rochelle?
- Have dozens of NYC landlord friends who can write multiple $9500 checks in the names of their spouses and subsidiary LLC’s?
- Are candidates who benefit from the hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign spending by special interest groups like the New York State landlord lobby?
- Would even think of running for a higher office like State Senate before at least holding some local office first?
Get real Bob… You were never one of us and never will be.
As a small businesswoman, local elected official, and life long resident of Westchester,Diane DiDonato Roth, is truly one of us. As an elected member of the North Council Town Board and only True Conservative in this race Diane, has a voting record displaying real fiscal responsibility to back up the talk.
- Voted against proposed property tax increase and will continue to do so when in Albany.
- Voted for all town employees to contribute to their health care premiums.
- Capped post-retirement benefits for town employees and demonstrated real fiscal restraint by eliminating costly fringe benefits to elected officials and part-time employees.
- Declined to participate in the state pension plan and declined Town-provided health care, because we simply could not afford the costs.
Diane DiDonato Roth is truly one of us!… And alwas has been! [This line was previously incorrectly transcribed by the editor. My apology.]