“I want to take this opportunity to recognize members of the Yonkers Fire Department specifically Engine 306, Ladder 71 and the Mask Services unit who on Monday, June 16, 2014, responded to a call on Porach Street for a woman in respiratory distress. Upon their arrival, not only was the woman having difficulty breathing but, so was her husband. As the firefighters went into immediate action, their carbon monoxide alarms went into alert with very high readings.
“Lieutenant Gallinelli of Engine 306 exited the building to mask up his crew and immediately called for assistance while at the same time they rescued the four occupants from the building from each of the two floors.
“Working with Con Edison, the Fire Department had the gas main shut down and locked out the meter. They then vented the building with a fan floor-by-floor until all CO levels were back to normal. The occupants of the home were all taken to the hospital for care.
“Congratulations to these fine firefighters on a job well done!”