Share your perspective or inquiry. Call: (347) 205-9201.
Computer access to Monday’s broadcast “Live” or “On Demand” is accomplished via this hyperlink … http://tobtr.com/s/11194769
Please note the broadcast is activated at 10am and an archive of the broadcast is created by 12:15pm.
White Plains CitizeNetReporter Publisher / Editor and Monday Westchester On the Level Co-host John Bailey speaks to the most important issues concerning Westchester County and White Plains government.
- County Executive George Latimer intends to fix the proposed Westchester County Budget with a 1 percent Sales Tax increase, freeze property taxes, and share sales tax revenue with 41 towns and municipalities, share a 10 percent increase for education, restore the fund balance with an additional $100 million, and thereby regain the county’s triple A bond rating.
- We learn the three designees intended to replace the three outgoing Common Councilmembers. They are Nadine Hunt-Robinson running for a second term, and first time candidates Victoria Presser and Jennifer Puja. All are Democrats.
- We delve into the Amazon HQ2 departure and item ramifications for Westchester County and New York State overall.
Listen from 10-10:30am
# # #
Political Analyst Michael Edelman, Esq., tackles the issues that revolve about President Trump and recent issues that have taken center stage in New York State.
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio suggests the Amazon headquarters debacle was ‘an abuse of corporate power’, while others suggest it was the newly elected left leaning “socialist” Democrats that have eclipsed past Democratic principles and replaced them with their sensibilities. They were the ones who seemingly undermined the project. Amazon wanted to be welcomed rather than shunned. Amazon has other options. Should they have fought a vocal “new left” dogma espoused by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez? Are all the parties involved spinning a tale to place blame elsewhere? Is New York State the ultimate loser? Is this the beginning of the decline of New York State? Education has been promised $4 billion by NYS yet no funds exist to even begin the financial remedy. Are there any prospects for the $27bn over 25 years deal that could have begun paying the promise? What about the ability to enhance infrastructure? Mass transit? Are the Dems that just became two additional people in a room of three with Governor Cuomo capitulated and thereby undermined their capacity to hold onto their leadership roles.
- The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” House Armed Services Committee Chairman Adam Smith (D-Wash.) said in a statement. “By withdrawing from the INF Treaty instead of making an honest, good-faith effort to collectively punish Russia for its treaty violations and bring it back into compliance, we are playing into President Putin’s hands.” The mass shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida on February 14, 2018, was the cause for 17 students and educators killed and 17 more wounded. Can the Constitutional Right to bear arms be balanced with restrictive oversight that is devoid of loop holes, or is this another theatrical game of words and dubious oversight? Can the issue be bridged?
- On CNN’s State of the Union this morning, House Intelligence Chair Adam Schiff not only said that collusion is an open secret, he also implied that the heat won’t be off Trump even if Robert Mueller fails to produce a damning report. And he rebuffed Senate Intelligence Chair Richard Burr’s conclusion that the facts in the case point to no collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.
- A spokesman for Brittany Kaiser, former business development director for Cambridge Analytica – which collapsed after The Observer revealed details of its misuse of Facebook data – confirmed that she had been subpoenaed by special counsel Robert Mueller, and was cooperating fully with his investigation. It has also been said that she was assisting other US congressional and legal investigations into the company’s activities and had voluntarily turned over documents and data. If proven does the act collusion rise to a legal issue from which Pres. Trump may not be able to escape?
- POTUS advised on Friday he will declare a national emergency to circumvent Congress and build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. He did so. Some of the funds he intends to use has already been allocated for use by the military and contracts were signed and were funds to be confiscated from those departments may lead to corporate lawsuits against POTUS? The total sum POTUS intends to use for building a wall along the southern border is now a commandeered total of $8bn in value. Will the Supreme Court back the President’s right to act as he did or will Justice Roberts cadet a vote that could eviscerate the President Trump’s capacity to follow through?
This segment heard from 10-10:30am
Thereafter, Yonkers Tribune Editor-at-Large Hezi Aris engages in the latest news with commensurate analysis.
This segment from 11am-12Noon.