Share your perspective or inquiry. Call: (347) 205-9201.
Computer access to Monday’s broadcast “Live” or “On Demand” is accomplished via this hyperlink … http://tobtr.com/s/11215833
Please note the broadcast is activated at 10am and an archive of the broadcast is created by 12:15pm.
Topics of discussion are defined herein:
White Plains CitizeNetReporter Publisher / Editor and Monday’s Westchester On the Level Co-host John Bailey speaks to the most important issues concerning Westchester County and White Plains governments from 10-10:30am.
# # #
Political Analyst Michael Edelman, Esq., tackles the issues that revolve about President Trump and recent issues that have taken center stage in New York State. This segment heard from 10:30-11am.
- President Trump’s former Campaign Manager Paul Manafort was sentenced to 47 months in prison, far less than the 19 to 24 years recommended under sentencing guidelines. This week a federal judge is slated to sentence him on two conspiracy charges which carry a term of 5 years each. Former Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn also faces sentencing this week. Is the legal justice system being easy on Manafort? Why?
- Former Trump “fixer” and personal lawyer has sued the Trump organization for refusing to pay $1.9 million in legal fees.
- Senator Bernie Sanders, Socialist Democrat, front runner among Democratic Presidential hopefuls vying to eclipse Republican incumbent President Donald Trump In the 2020 General Elections, has put a kabosh on anticipated candidates Hillary Clinton and Michael Bloomberg. Are Democratic moderates an endangered species? Former Vice President Joe Biden has a precarious lead of 2 points over Bernie Sanders in Iowa, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is struggling to gain traction as she faces stiff competition from fellow Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) What is the takeaway by their departure from the political contest?
- Progressive Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) rebuked political moderates, saying “the widespread admiration of centrist ideologies is misplaced.” Ocasio-Cortez is a progressive House freshmen who wants to lurch the Democratic Party to the left, pushing for policies such as Medicare for All and the Green New Deal, which would fight climate change by investing in eco-friendly jobs. The sticking point to these “leftist” ideas and concepts that it requires a total financial restructuring in America. Is it doable? The left leaning concepts have mesmerized America, is it doable? When the Amazon HQ2 Deal was trashed, it left New York’s financial capacity bereft. Is such political conduct conducive to achieving these goals or is AOC a firebrand that captivates many but has no means to see it through fiscally. How does America move forward beyond this divide? is the sticking point only financial, or is this doable, but entrenched power brokers will not relinquish control of the political system and the financial system to have move these concepts forward.
# # #
Dr. Glen M.E. Duerr, Ph.D., Associate Professor of International Studies, History and Government at Cedarville University (Cedarvillie, OH), Editor of Secessionism and Terrorism (2018) spoke about a week and a half ago about President Donald Trump’s remarks surrounding the killing of Cincinnati native Otto . This segment heard from 11-11:30am.
1) Dr. Duerr informs us whether President Trump gave North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un a “pass” in regard to the murder of Otto Warmbier.
2) We make inquiry as to whether it was beneficial for the United State to hold the recent Hanoi, Vietnam Summit with North Korea.
3) Dr. Duerr delves further into how important it is for the USA to sanction North Korea? And weighs in to what degree sanctions are pertinent and valuable.
4) Did a winner emerge from the truncated summit?
5) How will Trump’s comments about Otto Warmbier’s killing side with American sensibilities?
6) Lastly, new satellite images have revealed that North Korea has significantly expanded their long-range missile base located at Yeongjeo-dong despite ongoing talks with the US over the country’s nuclear disarmament. Activity has been discovered at a second site, Hoejung-ri, seven miles from Yeongjeo-dong, previously not publicly acknowledged. How vulnerable is the USA and its allies?
# # #
Thereafter, Hezi Aris, Yonkers Tribune Editor-at-Large engages in speaking to the most pertinent hyperlocal, state, national, and international news with commensurate analysis. This segment from 11:30am-12Noon