Guests and listeners may share their perspective and / or inquiry using the following call-in number: (347) 205-9201.
Listen to the broadcast “live” or “on demand” – http://tobtr.com/s/11300075
The broadcast is initiated every Monday to Friday from 10am-12Noon EST. An archive is created by 12:15pm.
Topics of discussion are defined herein.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, NY — John Bailey, White Plains CitizeNetReporter Publisher / Editor attends the broadcast at 10am. We delve into the following:
- Standard Amusement is pushing back against Westchester County Executive George Latimer’s pronouncement last Monday that he has decided to terminate Westchester County’s agreement with Standard Amusement asserting that Standard Amusement had not lived up to the contractual agreement .
- Standard Amusement in response advised they had offered concessions that would have increased their investment to $50 million
- Standard Amusement advised they had uncovered issues of concern with respect to the condition of Playland, refuted by County Executive Director of Operations Joan McDonald
This segment for 10-10:30am.
Michael Edelman, Esq., Political Analyst covering local, national and international concerns has captivating analysis certain to engage our listening audience.
- Former Vice President Joe Biden’s entry into the 2020 presidential primary sets the stage for another knockdown, drag-out fight between the establishment wing of the party and the ascendant left, led by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.). Will 2020 be a repeat of the 2016 election? Are battle lines being drawn in the second political civil war?
- Th U.S. Department of Labor on Friday reported that unemployment and dropped to its lowest point in 50 years, standing at 3.6 percent. it arrives after 100 months of job growth, the longest such modern-day streak. Fourth an annual average hour wage increase of 3.2 percent. Do the numbers inform the public that this is a Trumpian triumph of his stewardship? Has political expression robbed POTUS45 his due? is this 50 year success to attributed elsewhere, to someone else? Does the discord among the nation continue based of polemics, that is a refutation of doctrine?
- Does America inherently have the means to be responsive to political need and aspirations. Does either party deliver? Is the American election process and outcome dysfunctional because the public has been removed from the equation?
- African swine fever, a hemorrhagic virus is sending shock waves throughout the global food chain. Effects of the virus has already cause protein prices to rise upwards of 20 percent in the last month alone. The virus has spread throughout China, Vietnam, Mongolia and is likely to spread further. In the meanwhile, will this crisis bring the Chinese and Americans to a rapprochement toward a quickened trade accommodation?
- The Japan Times reports that North Korea has fired Short-Range ‘Projectiles’, that do not the violate the détente between Pyonyang and Washington. The Japanese advise the firing do not pose a threat. Is POTUS being outmaneuvered by Kim?
This segment from 10:30-11am
Victoria Gearity, Mayor of Ossining, speaks to the personnel changes in government, the challenges Ossining faces, and the vision that drives the Village toward attaining its goals, and its capacity to do so. During the last half hour, a panelist participating in the Ossining Documentary and Discussion Series will join Mayor Gearity to discuss the film “Plastic Paradise: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch”.
This segment for 11am-12Noon.