Guests and listeners may share their perspective and / or inquiry using the following call-in number: (347) 205-9201.
Listen to the broadcast “live” or “on demand” – http://tobtr.com/s/11355547
The broadcast is initiated every Monday to Friday from 10am-12Noon EST. An archive is created by 12:15pm.
Topics of discussion are delineated below:
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, NY — Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano, attends the opening of the broadcast day to share his vision for Yonkers, and the focus of his next four years should he gain electorate support for another term. This segment from 10-10:15am.
John Bailey, White Plains CitizeNetReporter Publisher / Editor, and Monday Westchester On the Level co-host attends the broadcast from 10:15-10:45am.
- The New York State Court of Appeals upheld the Appellate Court ruling that returns Kat Brezler onto the ballot to stay, allowing her to maintain her capacity to vie for a seat on the White Plains Common Coucil. The Court of Appeals did not deem any inconsistency was evident in the Appellate Court decision and chose not to repeat the process in the Court of Appeals. Katherine Brezler joins Nadine Hunt-Robinson, Victoria Presser and Jennifer Puja vying for a Democratic Primary Election win. Three seats are in contention; there are four candidates.
- Westchester County Executive George Latimer was at ground zero last week to welcome a new consultant, review aircraft noise, inspect some of the newly installed listening post that can discern the various sounds and categorize them to ascertain deleterious sounds, as well as to study traffic patterns.
Michael Edelman, Esq., Political Analyst covers local, national and international news and analysis every Monday morning from 10:45-11:15am.
- The border-security standoff between Mexico and the United States ended Friday, with an agreement that averts tariffs on vegetables, car parts, refrigerators, tequila, among other imports going into affect Monday. Does Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s (AMLO) agreement with Pres. Donald Trump suggest there was more Mexico could have done months/years ago to stem emigration across the southern border or is there another perspective? Does this outcome prove that the threat of sanction/ sanctions work?
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was asked by Pres. Trump to do his best to dissuade Iran from gaining nuclear capacity. Israeli counterpart Prime Minister Benjamin Nethanyahu asked Abe in a telephone conversation to continue to put pressure on Iran so as to “block its aggression” in the Middle East. Japan has good relations with Iran. Can Japan insinuate itself in this issue?
- With the prospect of Ankara forging ahead to buy the SAM-400 systems from Russia, Pres. Trump begins the process of withdrawing Turkey from the F-35 Fighter jet sale to Turkey. Is Turkey lost to Russia?
- Does the political landscape in Asia and The Middle East reveal a waning American influence? What may be the ramifications?
- Facebook has severed ties with Chinese telecom giant Huawei, and is no longer allowing pre-installation of is apps on new Huawei phone. This follows Pres. Trump’s executive order last week banning U.S. companies from sharing with Huawei, and is expected to impact sales of Huawei mobile phones in Europe and Asia, given the uncertainty about popular apps being available on the phones in the future. Google is also complying with government demands and shutting off Huawei access to its app store. Google is advising that forcing Huawei to create its own operating system will ultimately make all systems less secure. Will it also create a competitor that will eclipse and undermine the prowess of these firms in the coming years?
- Automakers suggest that Pres. Trump will abandon Pres. Barack Obama’s signature climate policy to improve mileage standards for cars and light trucks. The administration’s plan is to freeze federal fuel-efficiency standards and if imposed, are likely to raise lawsuits particularly by California. What is the rationale for not setting federal car guidelines to 37 miles per gallon rather than raising the standards to 51 mpg by 2025?
Yonkers Tribune Editor-at-Large Hezi Aris delves into hyperlocal, city, county, state, national, and international issues with commensurate analysis from 11:15am-12Noon.
# # #