Guests and listeners may share their perspective and / or inquiry when staying on topic and using the following call-in number: (347) 205-9201.
Listen to the broadcast “live” or “on demand” via … http://tobtr.com/11373659
Please note the broadcast is activated every Monday through Friday at 10am and archived by 12:15pm EST
Discussion this Tuesday, July 2, 2019th, opens with Shawyn Patterson-Howard, Democratic Primary winner for mayor of Mount Vernon, NY. We delve into the outcome of the Democratic Primary results, the allegations that voter harassment took place, that voters were not permitted to cast their vote where they had been voting for years, that voters’ names were said to no longer be on the voter rolls; seemingly expunged, and the assertion that notice of voter tampering, harassment, among other voter suppression tactics were engaged. Yet no public warning was made prior to June 25th when those who allege “issues of concern”, could have noticed voters, but did not. Has proof of such allegations / assertions been validated by anyone? Was a police report made to that affect on June 25th? Any other day? Why were voters not advised that they had the right to vote using an affidavit that would have been an alternative way to cast their vote. How long is their issue expected to last before resolution and closure can take place? Thereafter, inquiry of Mayor-elect Patterson-Howard regarding her next steps in preparation to take the helm. This segment from 10-10:30am.
David Rubin, former mayor of Shiloh, Israel, and author of “Trump and The Jews” speaks to Iran’s threat to enrich weapons-grade uranium after July 7, and thereby developing and placing atomic bombs in their hands toward the end of 2019 and making Iran a nuclear power on par with China, Russia, and the United States
While former Senator John Kerry took the position that the world should allow Iran to have free reign to enrich uranium to see if they use it for peaceful means at issue is what is prudent? Senator Kerry’s ‘trust them’ approach or President Trump’s position distrustful of Iran?
With that background in mind, we make inquiry of David Rubin in answering the following questions.
1. Are we to take Iran seriously when they threaten to enrich uranium to the level necessary to make atomic bombs? Do they have the necessary expertise to do so?
2. If Iran successfully makes atomic bombs, and since they already have missile delivery systems in place to hit their targets, what targets might they have in mind?
3. How do we know if Iran would even play by the rules if Trump were to meet their demands and lift sanctions while they run the clock again on sanctions and enrichment discussions?
4. What about the possible scenario of Iran playing by the rules but using proxies / surrogates to engage in deniable dirty deeds, so Iran looks like the good guy? And have they ever done that before?
5. Iran’s ‘supreme ruler’ Rouhani tweeted that Trump is “afflicted by mental retardation” and that his new sanctions against Iran have “end the chance of diplomacy forever.” So, what exactly are these discussions he seeks if they are not diplomatic talks?
6. In the event the United States allows Iran to resume weapons-grade uranium enrichment, and if the U. S. Congress blocks President Trump from launching an air strike against Iran’s weapons facilities, do you think Israel will take unilateral action against Iran? Has Israel engaged in such conduct in the past?
7. The world now knows President Trump decided not to go forward with an air strike counter strike after Iran downed an unmanned U.S. drone. Is it appropriate to suggest that President Trump showed compassion over the estimated 150 Iranian deaths that a proposed American military strike would have caused? If so, why would Iran’s President Rouhani respond with vitriol, threatening the U.S. with their July 7 demands?
8. David Rubin discussed Iran extensively in his most recent book “Trump and the Jews”. Why ask him to share his insight into the consistently elusive, albeit evolving, situation with Iran.
NOTE: David Rubin, former Mayor of Shiloh Israel, is the author of the book, “Trump and the Jews”. Rubin is the founder and president of Shiloh Israel Children’s Fund, established after he and his then three-year-old son were wounded in a terror attack. He can be found at www.DavidRubinIsrael.com or at www.ShilohIsraelChildren.org. This segment: 10:30-11am.
Thereafter, Yonkers Tribune Editor-at-Large Hezi Aris speaks to the latest hyperlocal, City, County, State, National, and International news with commensurate analysis. This segment: 11am-12Noon.