Share your perspective or inquiry. Call: (347) 205-9201.
Computer access to Monday’s broadcast “Live” or “On Demand” is accomplished via this hyperlink … http://tobtr.com/s/11517701
Please note the broadcast is activated at 10am and an archive of the broadcast is created by 12:15pm.
Topics of discussion are noted herein:
John Bailey, White Plains CitizeNetReporter Publisher/Editor engages us on the following subjects from 10-10:30am:
- Congresswoman Nita Lowey’s announcement that she will not seen another term in office was an unexpected shocker. White Plains is an integral part of the NY-17 District. We explore the impact and ramifications of those in politics presently and those who will enter the fray.
- The Gedney Associations sent an Open Letter to the White Plains Common Council requesting a “discussion” with them to preserve “Open Space” thereby locking the current zoning designation for the 48 acres land parcel the French American School of New York (FASNY) put on the market for sale earlier this year. The Gedney Association’s intent is to forbid “MacMansions” in perpetuity. We inquire over the integrity of the Gedney Asociation and if the Common Council is on board or not.
Michael Edelman, national and international political analyst engages us on the following subjects from 10:30-11am:
- Congressional Republicans appear poised to rebuke President Trump with respect to his pulling out troops allied with the Kurds who have protected the northeastern Syrian/Turkish border. Within a few days U.S. troops departed,Turkey began its assault onto Kurdish position. Former ISIS fighter imprisoned by the Kurds are not the main concern for the Kurds. Has POTUS erred?
- Will the troop departure that were embedded with the Syrian Defense Forces be a template for America’s departure from Afghanistan? Will America’s word be trusted. Was America’s capacity to protect the world bound to become unhinged. Is there a a credible vision to protect the world from neighbors more powerful than the ones under attack.?
- An oil tanker is on fire and leaking oil into the Red Sea near the port cityof Jedda,Saudi Arabia. Is this a precursor that is intended to warn Israel of likely being targeted next?
- House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) On Face the Nation this Sunday said the the whistleblower’s testimony may no longer be necessary: “Given that we already have the call record, we don’t need the whistleblower who wasn’t on the call to tell us what took place during the call.”
- A campaign video tweeted by POTUS last week featured music fromQueen was taken down because the Trump Campaign did was not authorized by the band’s publisher to play the copywrited to play the song “We Will Rock You.”
Ossining Mayor Victoria Gearity attends the broadcast from11-11:30am. Discussion centers with respect to a few subjects.
1. Mayor Gearity recently visited a Boy Scouts Troop to discuss local government and in particular, measures for improving energy efficiency and what she gleaned in engaging Ossining’s future leaders. Juxtaposed to her inquiry of them, we inquire as to their inquiry of her.
2. We ask about the Village Board’s passed resolution related to the Sing Sing Prison Museum (SSPM). We learn some of the concepts recognized in reimagining the criminal justice system, those incarcerated, and their families. And what role state and local office holders have vis-a-vis the NYS Department of Corrections.
3. There was a recent discussion discussing whether to renew the Village’s Sister City status with Alijo, Portugal and Sassinoro, Italy, as well as establishment of a similar relationship with Azuay, Ecuador. We make inquiry to continuing the relationships and how it is judged to be of mutual benefit. And how are Sister Cities chosen? And Why them over others?And how did this concept originate?
4. We learn about the Forest O Fears! an annual event that takes place in Cedar Lane Park. It will take place this October 18-19 and 25-26. The haunted attraction is created by enthusiastic local volunteers, most of them are Ossining youth age 8-18. Click here for tickets.
Ossining Documentary and Discussion Group heard from 11:30am-12Noon.
An Ossining Documentary and Discussion Series panelist will discuss the October 17th screening of the film, “Who Is Dayani Cristal? a film by Gael Garcia Bernal and Marc Silver. The film reveals the perilous southwestern deserts that are traversed when crossing the Mexican – American border.