YONKERS, NY — August 4, 2020 — Anthony Merante, Yonkers 6th District Councilman will be joined by other elected officials at the planned August 5th Rally:
* Mike Khader, Yonkers City Council President
* Ruth Walter, Westchester County Legislator District 15
* Mike Breen, Minority Leader, Yonkers City Council
* Shanae V. Williams, Councilmember, 1st District
* Yonkers residents
* Members of StopUPS.org to protest the planned expansion of the Yonkers UPS facility.
YONKERS, NY — August 4, 2020 — Organizers fear that UPS’s plans, if approved by the Yonkers Planning Board would produce a safety hazard with its above ground gasoline tanks, excessive traffic, and the noise generated by its 24/7 operation with trailers and trucks coming and going would destroy the quality of life for this neighborhood and the peaceful enjoyment by its residents. An environmental impact study is warranted before the Planning Board considers UPS’s requests.
DATE: Wednesday, August 5, 2020
PLACE: UPS Facility, 555 Tuckahoe Rd, Yonkers, NY 10710 (East Grassy Sprain Rd by the construction area for the parking lot)
Source: Yonkers City Councilman Anthony Merante (District 6)