Nader J. Sayegh
How to Sign Up for Covid-19 Vaccine
To sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine, you must certify that you are eligible following the strict rules set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and New York State Department of Health. At the test site, New Yorkers must present ID proving their age if they’re in an age restricted category or a paystub, employee ID, or letter from an employer to demonstrate eligibility as an essential worker. It is illegal to sign up for a vaccine if you do not presently qualify.
Here are major categories this phase of vaccinations will cover, but for complete details and to sign up, the website link follows:
- Age 75 and older
- First Responder or Support Staff for First Responder Agency, Fire State Fire Service, including firefighters and investigators (professional and volunteer)
- Local Fire Service, including firefighters and investigators (professional and volunteer)
- Police and Investigations, State Police, including Troopers
- State Park Police, DEC Police, Forest Rangers
- SUNY Police
- Sheriffs’ Offices
- County Police Departments and Police Districts
- City, Town, and Village Police Departments
- Transit of other Public Authority Police Departments
- State Field Investigations, including DMV, SCOC, Justice Center, DFS, IG, Tax, OCFS, SLA
- Public Safety Communications, Emergency Communication and PSAP Personnel, including dispatchers and technicians
- Other Sworn and Civilian Personnel Court Officers
- Other Police or Peace Officer
- Support or Civilian Staff for Any of the Above Services, Agencies, or Facilities
- Corrections, State DOCCS Personnel, including correction and parole officers
- Local Correctional Facilities, including correction officers
- Local Probation Departments, including probation officers
- State Juvenile Detention and Rehabilitation Facilities
- Local Juvenile Detention and Rehabilitation Facilities
- P-12 SchoolsP-12 school or school district faculty or staff (includes all teachers, substitute teachers, student teachers, school administrators, paraprofessional staff, and support staff including bus drivers)
- Contractor working in a P-12 school or school district (including contracted bus drivers)
- Licensed, registered, approved or legally exempt group childcare
- In-person college faculty and instructors
- Employees or Support Staff of licensed, registered, approved or legally exempt group Childcare Setting
- Licensed, registered, approved or legally exempt group Childcare Provider
- Public Transit Airline and airport employee
- Passenger railroad employee
- Subway and mass transit employee (i.e., MTA, LIRR, Metro North, NYC Transit, Upstate transit)
- Ferry employee
- Port Authority employee
- Public bus employee
- Public facing grocery store workers
- Individual living in a homeless shelter where sleeping, bathing or eating accommodations must be shared with individuals and families who are not part of your household
- Individual working (paid or unpaid) in a homeless shelter where sleeping, bathing or eating accommodations must be shared by individuals and families who are not part of the same household, in a position where there is potential for interaction with shelter residents
- High-risk hospital and FQHC staff, including OMH psychiatric centers.
- Health care or other high-risk essential staff who come into contact with residents/patients working in LTCFs and long-term, congregate settings overseen by OPWDD, OMH, OCFS, OTDA and OASAS, and residents in congregate living situations, overseen or funded by the OPWDD, OMH, OCFS, OTDA and OASAS.
- Certified NYS EMS provider, including but not limited to Certified First Responder, Emergency Medical Technician, Advanced Emergency Medical Technician, Emergency Medical Technician – Critical Care, Paramedic, Ambulance Emergency Vehicle Operator, or Non-Certified Ambulance Assistant.
- County Coroner or Medical Examiner, or employer or contractor thereof who is exposed to infectious material or bodily fluids.
- Licensed funeral director, or owner, operator, employee, or contractor of a funeral firm licensed and registered in New York State, who is exposed to infectious material or bodily fluids.
- Staff of urgent care provider.
- Staff who administer COVID-19 vaccine.
- All Outpatient/Ambulatory front-line, high-risk health care workers of any age who provide direct in-person patient care, or other staff in a position in which they have direct contact with patients (i.e., intake staff).
- All front-line, high-risk public health workers who have direct contact with patients, including those conducting COVID-19 tests, handling COVID-19 specimens and COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Home care workers and aides, hospice workers, personal care aides, and consumer-directed personal care workers.
- Staff and residents of nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, and adult care facilities.
2. The person for whom you are submitting the application for is a resident or patient of one of the following:
- Nursing home regulated by the NYS Department of Health (DOH).
- Residential program or hospital certified or operated by the NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH), Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) or Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS).
For the complete list and to sign up for the vaccine go to: