The single family house fire was initiated from an electrical outlet that sparked and ignited a mattress. Fire crews had an extremely difficult time putting out the fire due to junk being piled ceiling high making it hard to reach the fire. The house was so cluttered that it resulted in a large fire load and total loss. Houses next door received minor damage. No civilians were injured; three firefighters were brought to local hospitals with minor injuries.
# # # # #
SOURCE: Joseph Citrone, Deputy Chief of Personnel, Yonkers Fire Department