Listen to the broadcast “Live” or “On Demand” using the following hyperlink that is specific to today’s broadcast:
Listeners are welcome to make inquiry or comment when staying on topic.
The CALL-IN number is 347-205-9201
All callers are asked to share their first name so that we may refer to those who call respectfully by name!
Subjects to be discussed are defined herein.
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL, WHITE PLAINS, NY, and YONKERS, NY — January 10, 2022 — We open today’s Westchester On the Level Blog Talk Radio broadcast with John Bailey, Publisher /Editor of the White Plains CitizeNetReporter.
- We unpack the burgeoning numbers revealing an escalating number of people succumbing to the Omicron virus. We learn is is not necessarily benign. There is conjecture expressed that the number of people infected by the Omicron variant may reach its peak this week but not diminish until the end of January. In the meanwhile, a researcher in Cyprus has discovered a strain of the coronavirus that combines the delta and omicron variants, Bloomberg News reported Saturday. Leondios Kostrikis, professor of biological sciences at the University of Cyprus, called the strain “deltacron.” It is however too early to tell whether there are more cases of the strain or what impacts it could have. Expert predicts up to 5 Million could skip work next week with COVID, putting a strain on businesses and transport as the US hits its second highest daily case count of 900,832 infections: Omicron peak is expected to crest at end of January. The US recorded 900,832 new COVID cases on Friday, the second highest day ever after record set Monday. Deaths jumped to 2,615 for the day, a 22% increase from a week ago on a rolling average basis
- Food chains have been one of the first to be disrupted by the new super strain as workers fall ill and productivity drops. Some supermarkets are reporting incidents of “bare shelves” as fears grow over an imminent meat and egg shortage amid a surge in Omicron cases.
- New Jersey has deployed the National Guard to nursing homes as COVID surges — Omicron threatens New Year’s gym surge. This segment from 10-10:30am.
Michael Edelman, Esq., National Political Analyst and Pundit shares his analysis on the following issues, among others from 10:30-11am.
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama has a message for Americans ahead of the 2022 midterm elections: “We’ve got to vote like the future of our democracy depends on it.” She published a “Fight For Our Vote,” advertisement published in the Sunday, January 9th edition of The New York Times.
- San Francisco’s KCBS Radio reported that As hotels and restaurants struggle with ongoing staffing shortages, some are turning to non-human help. In fact, a new robot named “Wall-E” is making the room service rounds at the Radisson Hotel in Sunnyvale, CA. It seems the future has arrived. This will likely be a major disruptor to hospitality and restaurant staff.
- Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) said Sunday he won’t cooperate with the Jan. 6 select committee investigating the U.S. Capitol riot. This after the panel wrote Rep. Jordan asking him to meet with the committee to provide information on his communications with former Pres. Trump regarding the insurrection (coup attempt). Jordan wrote a letter to Rep. Ben Thompson (D-MS) advising that the request “is far outside the bounds of any legitimate inquiry, violates core Constitutional principles, and would serve to further erode legislative norms.” Is he right?
- Federal court denies Oklahoma’s attempt to block the Pentagon vaccine mandate.
Ron Matten, Yonkers Politician, discusses hyperlocal issues and concerns. 11-11:30am.
Hezi Aris, Yonkers Tribune Publisher/Editor speaks to international news with commensurate analysis. 11:30am-12Noon.